Rose Lane, St Andrews

Rose Lane in St Andrews, is one of the old cobbled streets in the centre of town. The lane was the location of a small brewery, later to become a bottling factory for lemonade. Some of the original buildings still stand.

South Street, one of the main streets in St Andrews can be seen at the top of the lane in this shot.

This entry was posted in Scotland, St Andrews and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Rose Lane, St Andrews

1. Ken Reid says:

Hi Stu,
    Do you realise that the doorway & house on the left of this view was where your great granny lived at 2 Rose Lane?

KFR

2. susan dun says:

Hi Stuart, just stumbled across your picture of Rose Lane in the process of family history research. If your great granny did live at 2 Rose Lane then I think she was my great granny’s sister. My great Granny was Annie Cameron and her sister Barbara married Alex Reid, a watchmaker, who lived at 2 Rose Lane in 1901. If this isright and if you’re interested, send me an e-mail and I’ll send you details of what I have.

Susan

3. susan dun says:

sorry, it would have been Flora Cameron and not Barbara.

4. My Family owned the Lemonade Factory at the turn of the last century,if you have any details please feel free to e-mail me

Donald

• skreid says:

Hi Donald, I don’t really have any more information on the factory other than that there was one there. Sorry. Stuart.

• David anderson says:

Hello Donald My name is David Anderson my great aunt Jessie Sherwood (Anderson) she was married to John Sherwood his mother was a Suttie of the Lemonade factory she also lived on the corner of rose lane opposite the church in the tower if you could share more on your family I can add it to my family tree

• Donald Suttie says:

David,can you e-mail me directly,i can supply a full family tree that links me to the St Andrews Family,it has taken many months to do so