Winter at the Ruins

Winter at the ruins of St Andrews Cathedral. Building started in 1158 and continued for over 100 years and was in use until the reformation in 1559.

When intact it had 6 turrets, two of which are visible in the above photo, they stand 30 meters (100 feet) high. The top of St Rules tower (the square tower) can be seen in the distance.

See full size

This entry was posted in Medieval, Ruins, Scotland, St Andrews and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply