Category Archives: Golf
Opening in 1895 this building was originally called the Grand Hotel. Commissioned by Thomas Hamilton allegedly after the Royal and Ancient Golf Club rejected his membership application. During the Second World War the Hotel was requisitioned by the Armed Forces … Continue reading
Bow Butts is an open piece of grassy parkland lying behind the Royal and Ancient Golf Club in St Andrews. The name Bow Butts comes from the ancient requirement for all able bodied men to be able to bear arms … Continue reading
Golf Place, St Andrews. This is the road that leads down to the Home of Golf, The Old Course. With Auchterlonies golf shop pretty much taking up the entire left side of the street. Opposite you have the Dunvegan and … Continue reading
The Old Course Hotel in St Andrews, orginally built in 1968 this Hotel has become a landmark on the St Andrews Skyline. The hotel, built on the site of the switching yard of St Andrew’ now gone railway station, has … Continue reading
The 1st and 18th fairways of the Old Course at St Andrews covered in snow. This winter the courses have been closed for the best part of 4 weeks due to the weather, much to the annoyance of many a … Continue reading
This tree stands outside the Jigger Inn at the Old Course Hotel in St Andrews. Someone has spent a fair amount of time wrapping the branches in fairy lights!. The Jigger Inn building itself used to be the Station Masters … Continue reading
The 17th @ St Andrews. View from the 17th tee. The world famous skyline of St Andrews in the distance.